Scientific Molding Workshops: In-Plant
This page outlines Scientific Molding workshops available for in-house training through Plastic411. The events are 2 full days, from 8AM to 4PM.
This is NOT class room training! Both days of training take place directly on the machine:
This Training includes:
- Process Development: Participants will be trained how to establish a new process using decoupled molding technique
- Process Recording: Attendees will be shown how to record all scientific data that is specific to a process. This includes melt and mold temperature data, as well as turbulent flow-specific data
- Process Monitoring & Control- Instruction will be given regarding monitoring and process control. Participants will learn what process control limits are flexible, and which need to be rigid to maintain the rigidity of the process
- Standardization– Attendees will learn what situations adversely affect process standardization, and be given tools to improve consistency and verify process consistency.
- Design Optimization Experiments– Processors will learn to design and implement DOE experiments to improve process and production system performance
- Process Optimization– Attendees will be taught optimization techniques that improve cycle times without jeopardizing process consistency and scrap rates.
- Scientific Studies– Procedures for fill time, gate seal, back pressure, pressure drop, cavity balance, melt temperature, mold temberature, barrel temperature and cavity pressure measurement will be taught.
- Lean Manufacturing Tools- Participants will be given tools to improve the lean approach within their production systems. Tools such as the 5 M’s of Molding, 5 Why’s and 7 Deadly Wastes will be taught.
- NASCAR vs. Quick Change Over– Processors will learn how to use the lessons of a NASCAR pit crew to effectively minimize down time, while effectively increasing changeover consistencies to improve start up capabilities.
Cost for the event is $4500, which includes facility assessment and planning. This training is designed to train based on each facility’s unique set up, including team/ molds/ materials/ equipment/ processes. SPE and MAPP members receive a 15% discount. There is a maximum of 8 attendees for this training event, to assure training retention and participation.