Plastic411 Scientific Molding Work Shop
This page outlines the upcoming Scientific Molding workshop being held October 27-28, 2018 at CH3 Solutions (event sponsor) in Dalton, GA . The event is 2 full days, from 8AM to 4PM.
This is NOT class room training! Both days of training take place directly on the machine:
- Process Development: Participants will be trained how to establish a new process using decoupled molding techniques. This section of the training will include the steps for developing, improving and validating process set up.
- Process Recording: Attendees will be shown how to record all scientific data that is specific to a process. All key data will be recorded and discussed via a scientific-molding based set up sheet which will be provided to the participant after the session. This includes melt and mold temperature data, as well as turbulent flow-specific data
- Process Monitoring & Control- Instruction will be given regarding monitoring and process control. Participants will learn what process control limits are flexible, and which need to be rigid to maintain the rigidity of the process. Key data such as fill time, screw rotate, peak pressure, cycle time, etc. will be recorded, and troubleshooting techniques using change monitoring will be defined.
- Standardization– Attendees will learn what situations adversely affect process standardization, and be given tools to improve consistency and verify process consistency.
- Design Optimization Experiments– Processors will learn to design and implement DOE experiments to improve process and production system performance. Attendees will participate in a full DOE, and be shown the correct methods for making changes, establishing new process based on the requested change and packaging parts for part layout.
- Process Optimization– Attendees will be taught optimization techniques that improve cycle times without jeopardizing process consistency and scrap rates.
- Scientific Studies– Procedures for fill time, gate seal, back pressure, pressure drop, cavity balance, melt temperature, mold temperature, barrel temperature and cavity pressure measurement will be taught.
- Lean Manufacturing Tools- Participants will be given tools to improve the lean approach within their production systems. Tools such as the 5 M’s of Molding, 5 Why’s and 7 Deadly Wastes will be taught.
- Historical Data: Processors will learn how to record historical data, and what key variables are crucial to maintaining a standardized process. Instruction will be given on how to develop a historical log for the purpose of monitoring changes in machine/ mold/ material/ man/ maintenance
Cost for the event is $725 per person. There is a maximum of 15 attendees for this training event, but future events will be scheduled as classes fill up.
Corporate rate for lodging (Hilton-Garden Inn in Dalton- click HERE) is $125.00 per night plus tax, only minutes from the plant. It is recommended you fly into Chattanooga International Airport, which is a 30 minute drive to the plant.