Plastic injection processing has experienced massive change in the last 20 years. The days of molding by time and pressure have given way to molding by position, peak pressure and process repeatability, aka scientific molding.
In this Plastics Today webinar, I am hosting the webinar and will provide instruction on key scientific molding principles.
Essential topics include: process development, recording, monitoring and control; standardization; design optimization experiments; and process optimization. Molding managers, process engineers, quality engineers, process technicians and anyone who needs an understanding of scientific molding and lean manufacturing concepts will benefit from this webinar.
Attend this webinar and learn:
- What is needed during the process development stage
- How to capture all scientific data specific to a process, including melt and mold temperature and turbulent flow
- How to avoid situations that adversely affect process standardization (including an overview of tools that improve and verify process consistency)
- Techniques that improve cycle times without jeopardizing process consistency and scrap rates
- The nuances of fill time, gate seal, back pressure, pressure drop, cavity balance, melt and mold temperature, cavity pressure, viscosity and more